Saturday, January 12, 2008

Somethin' filled up, my heart with nothin', someone told me not to cry.

that's arcade fire "wake up". you love arcade fire, and i love this song.

yesterday was our goodbye to carlo celebration. he's a sucker for leaving us but c'est la vie. anyway, i had one beer and i woke up feeling totally hung today, and shaky.
over the last couple of days, perhaps inspired by my nanny nanny boo boo comment from before, i've been calling jboss a cunt when it fucks me over or maven when some test fails, or continuum when it says the builds broken but no one committed anything. aaron sits pretty close to me on a normal day, but him and sweet d have been making some magic happen for the last few days on the other half of the soul mate corner (which totally sucks for sweet d, btw. she can't play at all) so aaron has been hearing my extreme profanities at my dang computer. me saying it a few times makes me say it more, and its a word that's starting to get introduced into my common vernacular, which is no good. people don't like the c word. anyway, last night at carlo's thingee, aaron pulled his chair a little bit closer to where me and sweet d were exchanging secrets that weren't secrets at all, and said, "devon. we've gotta' talk." i thought it was going to be about this stupid axm capitalization junk that i didn't document the struggle of between hai and jason and michael, but instead he said, "you've gotta stop with the *cunt* word." but he like mouthed it, he wouldn't actually say it properly. and i laughed hysterically. aaron is funny, but he is the boss, so i shall no longer say it. at work.
aaron also asked me what was up with me and marvin. i was initially surprised, because i don't expect those kinds of questions out of aaron, i expect questions about software and school, but not about my amazingly fast paced affair with my coworker's persian, jewish, comic, cousin. i was touched he even considered it, then i was super embarrassed. "how much does he know?" i asked myself. "has he talked to andrea? is she spreading rumors?" i apologized to 'drea last night, just to be sure that she would spread them no more.
OH! last night i went on a date with michael and sweet d and luke and 'drea. i felt left out, i felt lonely. we went to go see this movie about something i relate to that almost none of you know about and it filled me with tons of melancholy. i was jaded. i'm better today, because its birthday extravaganza day! you're totally getting my slightly used non functioning zune michael! the good news is, it doesn't have a charger anymore!
*devon*

No comments: