Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Keep telling yourself, baby, it's not living a lie if you're not living at all

that's an aqueduct song that played on my pandora station twice today. its telling me something. it's telling me, "good job devon, you're a badass!"
so michael said i had to change my font, and he's a ui developer so he knows what he's talking about, so faithful readers (diana) that's why things are different today. but i change a lot, i'm a lady in motion.
things were all stressful for me, like the moving and arranging of shit, and having to fire the maid, and having to go to all these classes, and it all worked out. as promised. moving's going to be awesome! (to the core)
i tried a grapefruit today for the first time in > fifteen years. guess what? it didn't suck. it in fact wasn't bad at all. i declined seconds because i felt like there had to be a reason why i've avoided it all these years. what was that fucking reason?
tonight was my last algorithms and data structures lecture. it was boring, we talked about an algorithm to create a dynamic arrayList. great. like i even care. my final project sucks too. what an easy class (now watch me fail the final.) anyway, all in all, another depressing semester full of a's. i guess you should tell me you're proud of me or something.

i was driving behind this school bus this morning and it suddenly occurred to me that i'm a grown up. like when i rode the school bus and adults would tell me about when they had ridden the school bus, i thought they were nuts and i was infinite and i was the first one ever to experience all the experiences i was experiencing. and then today it hit me. i was stupid then. and i had to grow up. and i'm going to tell some kid about what it was like to ride the school bus when i was their age.
(btw, that's something they should have improved in twenty years)
*devon*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm proud of you.

Another thing they should've improved after 20 years: laundry.

Lastly, #1 fan approves of new font color.